Beets! Love them or hate them, either way you must eat them. Beets are among the treasures of the world of veggies. There are different ways of enjoying this root vegetable and the five scrumptious beets recipe that we have here definitely deserve a second glance! Even though you are not a beet person, considering the many health benefits that these pretty looking veggies have to offer, it should be a part of your diet.
Beets have been touted as one of the healthiest veggies. In different cultures, it is also used for medicinal purposes and as food color. In European countries, beetroot is used for making soups and salads. It can also be eaten raw, boiled, cooked or pickled.
Health Benefits Of Beet
- Prevents and cures constipation by improving bowel movement.
- Beetroot juice can help lower blood pressure and treat heart diseases.
- Research has found that drinking concentrated beet juice can help you hold your breath for a longer period of time. This is particularly beneficial for people who play instruments or are singers.
- Beetroot helps you combat tiredness and increases your libido.
- Drinking a glass of beet juice daily can help prevent cognitive ailments like Alzheimer and dementia.
5 Healthy Beets Recipe
This recipe is made using citrus-marinated beets that are topped with greens, nuts, vinegar, and cheese. The Simple Roasted Beets with Citrus is a perfect Thanksgiving side dish that can be made in advance. Enjoy this simple holiday side with your fall or winter menu.
The Russian Borscht is a classic and traditional Russian beet soup that can be enjoyed during the colder season. In traditional Russian way, it is made with beef, cabbage, and other vegetables with beets adding to the soups beautiful flavor and color.
This is a very popular Ukrainian beet salad that can be enjoyed with any meat or poultry dishes. Though it takes some time to make it is worth all the effort.
This beet salad is a healthy recipe that can be enjoyed without any guilt. It contains healthy ingredients such as beets, spinach, pecans, walnut, and some bacon. To make it more healthy and hearty you can add some Swiss, feta or goat cheese to it.
The Beetroot Salmorejo is a very popular soup that comes from Spain. It is a cold coup that is super healthy, super tasty and super quick to make.