You may have been told about the many benefits of whole grains and why it is good for you. But, do you really have any idea why grains are important for you and how they are beneficial to you?
What are whole grains? These are essentially grains in its original, whole form. You get the whole benefit from these grains as they are loaded with nutrients and provide long-lasting energy. Types of whole grains include wheat, corn, oats, quinoa, millet and barley among many more. To learn about how to reap the maximum benefit from whole grains, read here. Here are some health benefits of including whole grains in your diet every day.
Benefits Of Eating Grains
- These are loaded with fiber. And with fiber present these grains keep you fuller for longer and help you avoid untimely cravings.
- They help you keep your cholesterol level at a low and avoid heart diseases. Thus, keeping your heart safe.
- They help you prevent diabetes. As whole grains are full of fiber, they help with the absorption of glucose into the blood. This keeps the blood sugar level from spiking up and prevents diabetes.
- Intake of grains supports healthy digestion. As it contains a high amount of fiber, that keeps the bowel movements regular thus preventing issues like diarrhea, constipation, and others.
- Whole grains also help to improve and avoid inflammatory conditions that lead to arthritis, asthma, and others.
- There are some grains that are a source of calcium that is important for the health of our bones.
- These grains are a great source of useful minerals that are important for our good health and for a strong immune system.
- A diet of whole grains with fruits and vegetables is also believed to lower the risk of certain types of cancer like breast, pancreatic and colorectal.
- Intake of whole grains will also help you take care of teeth and gums by keeping the diseases at bay.
- They contain good carb that are good for your body, such as resistant starch. The resistant starch is more like a fiber that maintains your insulin and keeps cholesterol down.
Here are some ways to include whole grains in your favorite dish.
With tender roasted buttered onions and wild rice, this dish is an excellent item in the menu for entertaining guests. This rice shines fresh with this simple treatment and is a delight for all.
This is a simple one-dish breakfast recipe that is crowned with soft-boiled eggs. Embrace and enjoy the savory side of breakfast with this whole-grain bowl and nutrients rich yolk that acts as a creamy sauce.
This bowl is loaded with the fast cooking whole grain form of cracked wheat, Bulgur and crispy carrots, fresh kale, avocado, and chickpeas. Loaded with crunch, texture, and color, this recipe makes an excellent addition to lunches.
Come out of the grey and gloomy winter with this bright and fabulous chicken soup to warm up your day. It will take you only minutes to make while keeping you full for a long time.
OUR FOUNDER’S PICK OF THE WEEK