With festivities setting in and the new year just around the corner, you may feel that it is the best time to declutter and re-organize your lives. And the first question that pops up in your mind is, “How to declutter?”.
You will notice that every time you move from one place to another you need a bigger truck as compared to the last time. This happens because people love to buy and collect new things and this fills up all the available spaces in their homes. If you are feeling overwhelmed by all the clutter in your home then try exploring the idea of a minimalist lifestyle. Live a minimalist life and see if this “guides” you through how to declutter your home and mind.
Concentrate on every element of your life and try to reduce the materialistic aspects of all. Remove everything that you feel is unnecessary and value the things that you really need.
How To Declutter in 5 Easy Steps
- Categorize your things one at a time. Be it clothes, shoes, books, electronics, jewelry, bags, or cosmetics.
- Immediately discard anything that you see and no longer need or want.
- From the remaining items, analyze and identify the items that you love. Now, give away the things that you don’t love or need.
- Now neatly arrange the things that you want to keep and organize them.
- The things that you have discarded needs to be given away. Give them to your friends, to charity or for recycling.
This process of decluttering will teach you to lead a lifestyle that is happy and free. You will learn that:
- You should be more mindful of your purchases and think before splurging your hard-earned cash.
- You add to your savings and can actually splurge on something that you truly love.
- By living a minimalist lifestyle you will find things easily and save time.
- You will own less and it will take up less storage space in your house.
- It will be easier to declutter and reorganize the next time.